Author: Pat Patterson
||2 hours for CPAs
Review new pronouncements, proposals, and issues from the AICPA's Auditing Standards Board (ASB) up to the date of the course. This course will inform participants of the latest issues from the ASB and the AICPA for private entities. New and revised audit standards, attestation standards, audit and attestation interpretations and other new pronouncements about auditing from the AICPA will be discussed. Any newly released auditing issues from the AICPA will be visited as deemed appropriate.
Publication Date: May 2023
Professionals in public practice, business, industry, government, and education who deal with nonpublic entities and wish to stay current on professional standards.
- Major audit issues and trends for 2023
- Update on major Auditing Standards Board SASs from the AICPA
- Update on major Auditing Standards Board SSAEs from the AICPA
- COVID-19 ongoing issues
- Update on other related audit issues from the AICPA
- Recognize the auditing pronouncements that impact private companies from the ASB of the AICPA and to review other new audit releases that may affect the non-issuing entities
- Recognize any new auditing standards recently issued and identify some of the Auditing Standards that are substantive
- Recognize SASs superseding the existing requirements
- Recognize the statements regarding Statement of Quality Management Standards
- Identify the date all clarified SASs became effective for audits of financial statements
- Recognize new elements with respect to a firm's system of quality management based on the new requirements of quality management (QM) standards
NASBA Field of Study
Auditing (2 hours)
Basic understanding of auditing standards.