UltimateCPE, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: NASBAregistry.org.
Author: Annette Nellen
|CPE Credit:||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Related for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Law for CTEC
The number of significant federal tax changes in the past decade has increased leading to complex Code sections, lengthy regulations and some â€œguidanceâ€ that is not binding. In addition to the complexity of Code and regulations, we are seeing new challenges of even finding the tax law. For example, how are you to know when reading Reg. 1.163-8T(c) written in 1987 that it was modified in 2021 by Reg. 1.163-15?
This course explains the types of changes and guidance that have made the tax law more complex to find and use, and offers tips to apply in compliance and planning to help reduce the risk of error caused by the complexity. Suggestions for how we can encourage Congress and the IRS to reduce complexity are also addressed.
Publication Date: April 2023
Practitioners who advise individuals and businesses.
- Tips for not overlooking subtle changes in Code sections
- How to find all relevant regulations and other guidance
- Types of guidance and their level of authority
- Tips and cautions in using non-binding guidance even when it is the only non-statutory information available
- Suggestions for additions and modifications to your tax research methodology to limit overlooking or misusing information
- Identify common "guidance" techniques of the IRS that make finding and understanding all relevant information challenging
- Identify legislative events that can increase complexity
- Recognize and apply new research techniques to avoid missing important tax guidance and information
- Recognize how to explain higher level ideas for addressing the complexity of finding guidance
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of tax laws.
Additional Course Details
- Filed of Study: Taxation
- Publisher: Wolters Kluwer
- Course Level: Basic
- Pre-Requisites: None
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: